IN its first ticketed livestream event, Arden Concert Gild presents David Bromberg Quintet streaming live from the Gild Hall in Arden, Delaware on David’s 75th Birthday – September 19, 2020.
David Bromberg has been a force in American music since the late 1960’s. As an accompanist to Jerry Jeff Walker, Bromberg caught the ear of Bob Dylan, eventually backing Dylan on albums including Self-Portrait and New Morning. Before long, Bromberg was everywhere: in recording sessions with John Prine, Ringo Starr, Willie Nelson and Carly Simon, writing with George Harrison and playing festivals around the world, including the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival where Bromberg tamed a raucous crowd of 400,000, gaining four encores and a record contract with Columbia Records.
Bromberg’s recordings for Columbia and Fantasy Records revealed him as something of a musical cuisinart – into the funnel went blues, country, bluegrass, rock and roll, R&B, Irish fiddle tunes, Dixieland jazz and gospel. The music that resulted was a new category: Americana, though the genre remained unnamed for decades. After a decade of non-stop touring and recording and at the peak of his career Bromberg abruptly dropped out of the music scene, relocating to Chicago to learn the intricacies of violin building and identification.
A later move to Wilmington, Delaware prompted a return to performing for Bromberg who released the Grammy nominated Try Me One More Time in 2006. Fourteen years and four albums later David is still on a roll. His 2020 Compass Records album, Big Road, stayed in the top ten on the Billboard Blues Chart for two months and top fifteen on the Americana Music Association Album charts.
“…there are few stylistic initiatives he’s failed to explore, making him as fine a representative of arched Americana as any contemporary either before or since.…Bromberg continues to top himself in any number of ways…”
– Lee Zimmerman/American Songwriter
About The Livestream / FAQs
- The show will be professionally video and audio recorded (multiple cinema cameras) and will be streamed live with a high-bitrate connection to a private page on this site, accessible only with your virtual ticket.
- You will receive an email the week of the show with a link to access the streaming page. You’ll be able to comment and chat with other viewers during the broadcast directly on the page.
- Like watching your livestreams on your TV or mobile device? You’re in luck! Further instructions will be included in the forthcoming email and on the streaming page itself.
- Can’t watch the stream while it’s live? Watch an encore performance of the stream anytime (or as many times as you like) for 48 hours after the conclusion of the broadcast.
- Remember: the price of one streaming ticket is good for one whole household. (PLEASE be safe if you decide to have a watch party!)
- That said, the Arden Club is a non-profit, volunteer-operated community organization. Feel free to snag an extra virtual ticket to show your support, or make a donation by visiting https://paypal.me/ardenclub
- The VIP upgrade includes access to an exclusive “in conversation”-style video interview with David and Emmy Award-winning actor/musician Jeff Daniels, discussing their mutual appreciation for each other’s work, performing, David’s remarkable career, and more.
- If you have any questions, or issues while ordering: please contact us! We’ll respond right away.